A My Red Tourer (5)

Views: 213
Posted by: iec
in: iec
IMG 0036

Views: 526
Posted by: Freddy
in: Freddy

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Has anyone dropped their Crosstourer?  (Read 1801 times)

Offline Toowoomba Rider

• Crosstourer Junior
Has anyone dropped their Crosstourer?
« on: April 27, 2012, 07:23:46 PM »
Just wondering,

I have owned 19 motorcycles and dropped 12 of them. So, bikes that don't damage easily are the best for me. Not one of my fallover's has stopped me from getting home.

I would like to know the vunerability of the Xtourer when it goes horizontal. Has this happened to anyone? What condition was your bike in?

Thanks,
Toowoomba rider  :305:

Offline Doc

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200X DCT Red
  • City / Town: Arsbeck
Re: Has anyone dropped their Crosstourer?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 07:50:02 PM »
I dropped a Honda CB250N in 1980, and last year scraped my ST1300 on an Armco - I still don't know how I did it.  :232:

The Crosstourer is still unscratched, and I'm going to do my best to keep it that way - not going off-road will help.  :305:

Offline Toowoomba Rider

• Crosstourer Junior
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 08:16:39 PM »
There are a lot of dirt roads in Australia. Some of them are gradered once a year. The monsoon season destroys these roads.

I have been very lucky not injuring myself, with bike overs. Also, I have hit 5 cars, 3 kangeroo's, 2 eagles and 12 finches. No damage to me yet. I ride about 30,000km a year.

Toowoomba Biker.  :002:

Offline Doc

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200X DCT Red
  • City / Town: Arsbeck
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 08:24:44 PM »
*Originally Posted by Toowoomba Rider [+]
There are a lot of dirt roads in Australia. Some of them are gradered once a year. The monsoon season destroys these roads.

I have been very lucky not injuring myself, with bike overs. Also, I have hit 5 cars, 3 kangeroo's, 2 eagles and 12 finches. No damage to me yet. I ride about 30,000km a year.

Toowoomba Biker.  :002:

I would have probably dropped all my bikes in those conditions.  :005:

We are spoilt for good roads here - something we often forget. 

Ride safe on the CT, and good luck missing the animals and cars!  :002:

Offline jacob

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CT VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Windsor
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 10:46:49 PM »
Hi Toowoomba Rider
I have not yet dropped my CT, once I have some protection on it and dirt aligned tyres in the months ahead I will take it on the outback roads and I do expect it will go down, so in time I will make a post on this thread but for now I am wanting to keep it upright while I get used to it.
I seem to get hit by animals, birds and lizards are the most common - a couple of months ago I hit a kookaburra then 2 weeks later same section of road ran over a huge lizard on a tight bend they are very slippery nearly spilt it then this was on my Hornet.
I lost count of how many times I tipped my dirt bike XR400 but most of those times it was due to trying to go over, through or around stuff and is part of the fun of a dirt bike  :001: they are designed to go over.
Jacob
2012 VFR1200X CrossTourer - April 2012 - http://crosstourer.tumblr.com/

Offline Captain Scarlet

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: Ducati Diavel CR
  • City / Town: Roswell
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2012, 05:02:59 AM »
RIC posted this on another forum:

Just been to the launch at the local dealers.

As I got there the bike was dropped, ouch, 25 miles on the clock, ouch again. NINE components damaged or broken, engine cover, rear footpeg casting, fairing, lights.....shaft drive.....bar ends,hand guards....pride, wallet.

And you can take this off-road!

... I believe this was a stationary drop of the bike, so it sounds a lot. But whether this is an isolated incident or representational, who really knows just yet?

Offline roundincircles

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: Multistrada, K16
  • City / Town: Herts
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2012, 03:00:41 PM »
*Originally Posted by Captain Scarlet [+]
RIC posted this on another forum:

Just been to the launch at the local dealers.

As I got there the bike was dropped, ouch, 25 miles on the clock, ouch again. NINE components damaged or broken, engine cover, rear footpeg casting, fairing, lights.....shaft drive.....bar ends,hand guards....pride, wallet.

And you can take this off-road!

... I believe this was a stationary drop of the bike, so it sounds a lot. But whether this is an isolated incident or representational, who really knows just yet?

The bike in question had no panniers or front crash bars hence max damage. Replacing a pannier lid is usually £250-£350 so ,in comparison a bargain.
roundincircles