crf1000

Views: 1261
Posted by: Austria1
in: Austria1
compare low

Views: 581
Posted by: matchip
in: Matchip

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: CT vs GS  (Read 4805 times)

Offline nazelidarus

• Crosstourer Junior
  • Bike: kawasaki gtr1400
  • City / Town: Kuala Lumpur
CT vs GS
« on: April 25, 2012, 05:18:01 PM »
Just want check, anybody has done the comparison between this TWO? :305:

Offline Doc

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200X DCT Red
  • City / Town: Arsbeck
Re: CT vs GS
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 06:19:48 PM »
I haven't seen a direct head-to-head yet, but in all the test reports I've seen to date in Germany, the Triumph or Honda are first and the GS is somewhere else down the list - but never higher than fourth.

When the GS LC hits the showrooms, then we will get some real comparisons of the new Crosstourer, Explorer and GS LC.

Offline Toowoomba Rider

• Crosstourer Junior
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 06:20:25 PM »
I am also interested in how a CT compares to a GS. In six months time I am going for a 10,000km ride to WA( Western Australia). I have been told that an oil leak on my 10year old Adventure will cost $3700 [$200 for the gasket, $3500 for the labour].

What I am after is a nice reliable bike that doesn't leave me stranded. My CB750 lasted 18years and never let me down. Will the Cross tourer give me 18 trouble-free years?

Toowoomba Rider.  :002:

Offline ojo

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR 1200XD white
  • City / Town: Stans
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012, 07:51:22 PM »
Hi Toowoomba Rider ....
first i must declare i am a "Toowoomba fan"  :046: been there couple of times ... jeeez.

So, i reckon a Honda will never let you down. A year ago i crisscrossed Australia on a 20 year old AfricaTwin, so i know what i am talking about  ;-) If you ask me about CT - i bet this is gona be a great bike for long time owners. Go for it  :002:
Around the world and back ... driven Honda motorbikes all over Europe, Australia, NewZealand, Japan, Russia .....
my latest trip: http://www.austral.omania.ch/index.html

Offline jacob

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CT VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Windsor
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 01:02:20 AM »
Hi Toowoomba Rider
I was going to buy a GS - but having owned two Honda bikes and I also drive a Honda car I was not keen on going across to the BMW - so mid last year I heard about the CT and having waited and now taken delivery of my CT I am very pleased with it and intend to ride it all over Australia - before making my decision I did a 2 day off road GS riding course with 28 other GS riders on a mix of 1200, 1150, 800 etc. I was impressed with what you could do with the GS1200 but it was and still is for me an ugly bike and in talking with the GS riders they were passionate about their GS but also many of them had servicing complaints - one bloke actually went back to the older 1150 as it was more reliable.
I will say that the GS can and will do more serious off road work than the CT - but I have been there and done that with a proper dirt bike XR400 and my desire was to move on but still be able to travel the country roads (dirt and gravel) and have a peek down the odd fire trail and for me my CT will do this whilst providing a very comfortable touring bike.
Yesterday I did a run from Windsor to Orange and back which I have done many times on my old 900 Hornet - I would normally stop and stretch 3 times - on my CT I went straight through and first stop was Orange and I was as comfortable and relaxed as I was when I started so I would say YES for the CT to ride to WA.
Kind regards ... Jacob

ps - when you put your plans together let me know may be able to see you on the road and welcome to the forum
2012 VFR1200X CrossTourer - April 2012 - http://crosstourer.tumblr.com/

Offline Toowoomba Rider

• Crosstourer Junior
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2012, 08:13:28 AM »
@ojo

The 650 Desert Twin was my dream bike, but it never came to Australia. I wanted to buy the 750 Africa twin, but it never came to Australia. On a trip to the UK, I saw this Honda model, but they wouldn't export it. Why wasn't it ever sold here? I would buy one today!

Toowoomba Rider.  :002:

Offline nazelidarus

• Crosstourer Junior
  • Bike: kawasaki gtr1400
  • City / Town: Kuala Lumpur
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2012, 04:23:32 PM »
thanks for the feedbacks, here nobody have tried CT and most of the DP's are GS. I like the handling of the GS but the reliability is a bit question marks. For Honda and the Japs the reliability is already proven. When all my bikers friends persuade me to change for GS, I think I will go for CT

Offline Strider

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: Crosstourer DCT
  • City / Town: Bedford
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2012, 08:37:27 PM »
*Originally Posted by nazelidarus [+]
Just want check, anybody has done the comparison between this TWO? :305:

Hi nazelidarus, is this what your looking for. Sorry to the rest of the forum members as I have posted this comparison before on this forum.
http://www.latestbikesinfo.com/bmw-r1200gs-vs-honda-crosstourer-1200-the-reference-of-max-trails-in-danger.html