REAR

Views: 687
Posted by: matchip
in: Matchip
CT2012 7

Views: 302
Posted by: ojo
in: ojo

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Kevin Ash changes his mind  (Read 4139 times)

Offline Strider

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: Crosstourer DCT
  • City / Town: Bedford
Kevin Ash changes his mind
« on: April 23, 2012, 08:07:24 PM »
Oh what a suprise, Keven Ash has changed his mind about the thirsty crosstourer, apparently he was wrong about the fuel consumption. He has also now decided that the crosstourer is uncomfortable.   :211:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/motorbikes/9171696/Honda-Crosstourer-update.html

Offline Doc

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200X DCT Red
  • City / Town: Arsbeck
Re: Kevin Ash changes his mind
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 08:17:58 PM »
*Originally Posted by Strider [+]
Oh what a suprise, Keven Ash has changed his mind about the thirsty crosstourer, apparently he was wrong about the fuel consumption. He has also now decided that the crosstourer is uncomfortable.   :211:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/motorbikes/9171696/Honda-Crosstourer-update.html

He was wrong about the fuel consumption, and has corrected his error.  :028:  The fact that he didn't think about what he was writing at the time is a shame. :151:

The seat, after 150 miles (240km) without a break, could get uncomfortable - especially sat still on the motorway. I have only ridden 330km, with a break at 180km, so far - without problem. When I do a long run without a break, we'll see how the seat performs.

Of course, my weight tends to widen the seat anyway.  :745:

Offline Strider

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: Crosstourer DCT
  • City / Town: Bedford
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 10:09:19 PM »
Whats the furthest you've ever ridden without a break and does a fuel stop constitute a rest. I think with the Crosstourer being capable of 200 miles i'll have to see if I can ride that long. On average I stop every 120 miles or so.  :305:

Offline Doc

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200X DCT Red
  • City / Town: Arsbeck
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 06:32:14 PM »
Whats the furthest you've ever ridden without a break and does a fuel stop constitute a rest. I think with the Crosstourer being capable of 200 miles i'll have to see if I can ride that long. On average I stop every 120 miles or so.  :305:

I generally never do more than about 200km (120 miles) between stops. Mainly, because the guys I ride with need either fuel, a pee or a fag! When on tour in the Alps, we do about 300-400km a day, and stop more often - probably six to ten times - for photos, fuel, food, drink, etc.

I have done 500km on the ST1300 (needed to get home quickly) on the Autobahn without a stop in rain, never again.  :005: Agony.

I think 200km is just fine, and, as I don't do motorways as a rule, I doubt I'll be having trouble with the seat.  :002:

Offline ojo

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR 1200XD white
  • City / Town: Stans
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 08:12:37 PM »
I just did a long distance drive couple of weeks ago. Couple of times i just drove through between tank stops (250-320km's). I usually do some "situps" and leg stretching - all kind of - in between .. so i felt the sit on CT was "not too bad". But it sure could be better and it may be something to give a face lift after some time. (i have a nice leather one on my AfricaTwin)
Around the world and back ... driven Honda motorbikes all over Europe, Australia, NewZealand, Japan, Russia .....
my latest trip: http://www.austral.omania.ch/index.html

Offline Hitty

• Crosstourer Member
  • Shazam!
  • Bike: Cross Tourer
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2012, 06:32:29 PM »
I've read many of Kevin's reviews and tests over the years...on the whole I enjoy his writing style and he's normally on the money with his honesty and insight.

One of the reasons I chose the CT over the Explorer, MultiStrada, Explorer, VFR was the comfort I experienced...not just in the seat itself but the excellent suspension that just seemed to smooth out all bumps and ruts in the road.

I agree with some of the comments above; if you're going to be on a motorway for hours on end and not naturally shifting your butt about, you're going to find a few aches creeping in.

Let's not get too heavy on Mr A's comments...it is what he experienced on that test...I'm sure a bunch of use will have different experiences, eh?

Hitty

Offline jacob

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CT VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Windsor
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2012, 01:10:03 AM »
I have a done 294km non stop on the CT and found it very comfortable this was before I added the sheep skin seat cover, since adding that I have only done a few 230 and 240km non stops - I can say the standard seat is fine for long sits IMHO it is even better with the sheep skin now  :018:
2012 VFR1200X CrossTourer - April 2012 - http://crosstourer.tumblr.com/

Offline ricochet

• Crosstourer Member
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2012, 02:42:44 PM »
*Originally Posted by Hitty [+]

One of the reasons I chose the CT over the Explorer, MultiStrada, Explorer, VFR was the comfort I experienced...not just in the seat itself but the excellent suspension that just seemed to smooth out all bumps and ruts in the road.

Hey Bro., what is your suspension setting?
2003 Piaggio X9 (Sold), 2004 BMW R1200C Montauk (Sold), 2004 BMW R1150GS Adventure (Sold), 2007 BMW R1200GS Adventure (Sold)), 2012 Honda VFR1200X Crosstourer

Happiness Is Never Real Unless Shared

arab-exile